Wednesday 27 June 2012

50 things that show your a grown up



 I recently read an article on the Daily Mail's website containing a list of 50 things that show you are a grown up, as voted for by 2000 people in a survey. Most of them seen quite sensible, some don't apply to our lifestlye at Handmade home, but over all I'm pretty sure I score pretty good. (Red are things I haven't done).

  • Buying a house
  • Mum and Dad no longer make your finacial decisions
  • Paying into a pension
  • Conducting a weekly food shop
  • Writing a Will
  • Having children
  • Budgeting every month
  • Being able to cook a meal from scratch
  • Get Married
  • Have life insurance
  • Having a joint account
  • Recycling
  • Having a savings account
  • Knowing how to bleed a radiator
  • Knowing what terms like ISA and Tracker mean
  • Planting flowers
  • Watching the news
  • Owning a lawnmower
  • Taking trips to the tip
  • Doing your own washing up
  • Having a view on politics
  • Keeping track of intrest rates
  • Finding a messy house annoying
  • Being able to change a lightbulb
  • Owning a vacuum cleaner
  • Holding dinner partys
  • Listening to Radio 2
  • Enjoying gardening
  • Spending a weekend just pottering
  • Mum starts asking you for advice
  • Carrying a spare shopping bag just in case
  • Like going round garden centres
  • Wearing a coat on a night out
  • Going to bed before 11pm
  • Making sure mum and dad are phoned at least once a week
  • Classing work as a career rather than a job (Self employed)
  • Repairing torn clothing rather than throwing it away
  • You iron (Can iron but choose not to)
  • You wash up immediately after eating
  • Enjoy cooking
  • Buying a sunday paper (Always read them online for free never buy them)
  • Always going in sensible shoes
  • You like recieving gift vouchers
  • Work keeps you awake at night
  • Filing post
  • Having a best crockery set
  • Being able to change a car tyre
  • Being sensible enough to remove make up before bed
  • Being able to follow a receipt
  •  Owning best towels as well as everyday towels. (This just seems a bit wastefull)
How did you score?
 x x x

2 comments:

  1. I started listening to Radio 2 when I was a kid [but then I am very old- back then it was the Light Programme, and there were only 3 stations I could get on our radio]

    But I never got a mortgage till I was 54, so don't worry on that one.

    I do have a set of 'good towels' that I keep for overnight guests.

    I don't think I have EVER spent a weekend 'just pottering'!!

    this is a fun post - may I quote it?

    blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can Angela.
      I thought it was great fun to.
      x x x

      Delete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.