Monday 8 February 2021

When life gives you limes...



Make some lime curd! 
Someone on Olio was rehoming an enourmous box of limes. I asked for 2, not wishing to be greedy. I was gifted 9! I passed a few on to some fellow frugal neighbours and the rest have become 3 jars of delicious lime curd.
I had a bit of a panic about halfway through when a police man knocked my front door asking if we'd witnessed something. We hadn't but I approciate they have to ask around. 
I'm sure i looked really worried and desperate to get rid of him in case my curd caught while i was away. No one wants a lumpy curd! 


I've had to put my current sewing project on pause thanks to injuring my thumb. I've caught my thumb nail on something and somehow torn it about halfway down a lot lower than I could trim it back. The raw edge is catching on everything and any pressure makes my whole thumb throb. I'm not one for making a big fuss about these things but it hurts a lot more than you think it should by looking at it. 
My current crafty project is some unpicking. Easily done with a thin double ended knitting needle so relatively pain free.
The fabric is some sort of unfinished project i found at the scrap store with a beautiful late 70's print.


I think I might have enough fabric to make the girls some dresses for Easter/Spring. Perhaps a pair of pj trousers for Gman to keep things fair.
I will keep you posted of progress.

X x X

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, sore thumbs are nasty! Hope it eases soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing very well with your recuperated goods. I really admire you for all your inventiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric looks so familiar and I have a feeling we had curtains in one of the childrens rooms somewhere. That would have been in the 80's. It will be wonderful for dresses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, hope that thumb gets better quickly.

    Love the fabric and do show us the finished articles please

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmm, lime curd.
    I've used tape (masking tape or something else that isn't too sticky, not duct tape!) to cover my injured nail, it's better than a plaster. Ouch, just thinking about that hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have made orange curd before, but not lime. It looks delicious. I made the last lot in my slow cooker. Arilx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.