Monday 15 February 2021

Simple Pleasures

 


 I was very kindly gifted a box of vintage books today. They came at just the right time as today has been an absolute arse of a day to be honest with you.

I have spent the afternoon focussing on self-care and gentleness. If nothing else it has calmed everyone in the household down for a reasonably peaceful bedtime.

I've decided to spread the excitement of the books out over a few days. Tonight I made myself a warm drink and snuggled in bed with Bees in Amber by John Oxenham. 

I don't often read poetry and the book was a bice mixture of topics and styles. There were a few poems that stood out to me. 


I found this one particularly enjoyable. It would make a wonderful base for a tragic short story I think. 

Once I had finished flicking through the pages I looked up the poet to find John Oxenham is a pen name for William Arthur Dunkerley. He seemed to be quite a prolific àuthor and poet in his time. I will make sure to look out for some more of his works.

I don't feel the need to add the book to my permanent collection of vintage books but I have found a poem I think a good friend of mine might enjoy. I'm going to pop it in the post as a nice suprise for them. 

Pop back tomorrow to see what secrets the next book reveals.

X X X

1 comment:

  1. Security Cameras, I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.