Sunday 27 June 2021

Sunday hunting


As you can see Baby C was a lot more cheerful again this morning. I'm so glad she is back to her bouncy happy self again.

Most of this morning was spent chasing DD2 around nearby streets as she hunted down Pokemon on my phone app. 



 Happily the Pokemon hunting took us near B&Q so we nipped in to look at the injury bench and see what was going cheap. There were plenty of bedding plants for 50p or £1 a tray. I picked up some marigolds, bizzi lizzie and petunia for £1.50

The flower tower by my front gate has needed a makeover for a while. Of all the spring bulbs I planted only 3 got to flowering stage. I'm not sure if they were crap bulbs or it was the horrible spring we had.

It should look really pretty once the new plants start to flower.

 

We had enough plants left to replant the barrel tub beside the front door too.

DD2 was my chief helper and suggested we make a pattern around the edge. I look forward to seeing how it looks later on.  We finished gardening just before the rain started which should help the plants settle into their new spots quite nicely.

It's been a much nicer day than yesterday!

X x X


 

2 comments:

  1. Your flower tower and barrel look great. I could do with some more bedding plants and our Homebase always has a shelf of reduced stuff so think I will call in tomorrow and see if I can get some bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad baby C is feeling happier and your planting looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.