Saturday 26 June 2021

A loooonnnggg day

It's been a long day. Baby C has been in a terrible mood since the moment she woke up. I've tried every trick in the book to perk her up, and after 5 children that's not a short list. I've come to the conclusion that she's just having a sad day.

After a whole day of rocking, hugging and trying to distract a baby who only wants to sit and grizzle my parenting energy is definitely feeling depleted so I'm feeding everyone a quick dinner of spaghetti bolognaise.

The mince came from Friday's trip to the community pantry, the sauce is a cheap one from home bargains that everyone seems to like and I've padded it out with some tinned tomatoes and oats. 


  Dessert is going to be a slice of cake. DH picked it up for just £1.50 reduced from almost £10! I'm hoping an intense sugar hit might make Baby C smile just once today or possibly pass out from a crash into a nice long nap. 

 Cross your fingers for me!


X x X

3 comments:

  1. Makes me glad my Grandchildren always go home after a visit!!
    Good luck, hope she sleeps well tonight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a bargain that cake was. Enjoy and I hope baby is in a better mood tomorrow.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Baby C is feeling better today. Spag Bol would lift my spirits!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.