Thursday 17 December 2020

Baking and worries.




I've been baking with my two smallest people. It helps me think, not sure why, but that's what it does.
DH is being moved at work to lower paid job. It's pretty devestating to January's finances and throws our planned budget for the year out of the window. 2020 it seems wasn't finished screwing people over 😔
Being Christmas we made mince pies using things from the cupboards. There wasn't quite enough margerine so I added a smidge of oil to stretch it out a bit.
We don't have a rolling pin so I used a clean jam jar, and I can't find any circle cutters though I swear I've got some somewhere. I raided the playdough equipment for the square cutter but it did the job nicely.


Hopefully my little herd of children will enjoy these in the morning. The Elves are going to "make" them overnight as a suprise.
Because that what we do in Spurrier house, we keep calm and carry on! 

X X X

 




 




 

9 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your husbands job, and just before Christmas too. I hope things improve for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no - not what you want to hear anytime and especially just before Christmas. How are his employer allowed to do that - doesn't seem right at all

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a shame about your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, do I remember those days of "husband getting screwed at work"!! *sigh* He's retired now but man oh man, it was so hard to watch him do his best only to get treated horribly at the end of the year! My thoughts are with you folks, as I surely understand. ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your bad news about work. I am so pleased I am retired. Well done for keeping on. The children will enjoy your baking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there Sarah - I've followed your blog for a long time, and I know that you'll come through ok.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can make biscuit cutters from a tuna can which has had both ends removed too. Might have sharp edges so perhaps only for adults to use though. Keeping calm and carrying on gives you time to think laterally and come up with the solutions you need I find. Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really sorry to hear about your husband. You are one of the most resourceful women in Blogland - you will overcome,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping calm and carrying on is also called tenacity. Some of our most amazing miracles have come from our leanest, most difficult days. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.