Friday 3 June 2022

Happy Jubilee week!




Goodness me, we have barely stopped this half term! There are so many wonderful events being put on each day and the majority of them are free, so we've been spoilt for choice!
It quite a lovely problem to have when your choosing what to attend and what to skip. I'm feeling very blessed.
Today we attended a big picnic in the park event which was full of music, displays and interesting stalls. 


We met a wonderful lady called Helen McArdle who is a historic costumer. She had a table full of hats (regency, victorian, georgian etc) and bits of costume you could try like corsets, waistcoats, farmers smocks etc. Mum and I spent a lot of time chatting with her as she was extremely knowledgeable about her craft and spoke with such a inspiring passion about it. 
DD2 looked adorable in a floral bonnet 😍 


Once home I spent a little time finishing off a pair of tiger paw socks for Baby C. I'm popping them away for her birthday next month. I'm very tempted to make a pair for my nephew as well as his birthday is in October. 



My next project is deconstructing this pretty but unwanted wedding dress that I was gifted for free. The lady who gave it to me was quite adamant she just wanted it gone from her house. I watched it for a little while on one of the Facebook free pages to see it there were any takers before temptation overwhelmed me and I asked for it.
My plan is to make my 4 girls satin nightwear for Christmas using the satin, lining and embroidered decorations. Once that's done I'll assess the leftovers and work out what else we can do. My mum suggested lavender bags and sleep masks which sounds like a great plan.
 I'll let you know how it goes.

X x X
 




 

3 comments:

  1. i look forward to seeing what you make, the tiger paw socks are adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the tiger paws which are awaking envy in me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all! Can't wait to see all your creations from the wedding dress fabric.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.