Wednesday 18 March 2020

Day 2 of isolation


We started off the day lazy by waking up by ourselves, followed by cereal or toast for breakfast. 
While the older ones were waking up, Baby W
and I turned yesterdays leftover veggies into a quick soup for lunch.



We watched Cincinnati Zoo's talk about their Hippos on YouTube (highly recommend you watch it) and then busted out some paper people and felt pens. I challenged the children to create their own zoo keepers and it kept them occupied for a happy ten minutes of colouring and designing.


I think they did a great job. 
After all the concentrating we played out in the garden for a little while to build up an appetite for lunch. It was a touch on the chilly side but they were zooming about like crazy so I don't think they noticed.
I'm so grateful for a good sized garden to let them run off steam in. I've no idea how parents in flats are going to cope without one.

We ended up eating our soup in the garden as a mini picnic which was quite fun, folowed by a few hours of quiet time. The eldest opting for watching kindles in bed and I had a nap with the smallest two. 
Dinner was Chicken Mac and Cheese using yesterdays chicken leftovers. Apart from a single portion of veg soup everything is used up nicely. 
Ive had a brief visit from my parents to pop in DD1's birthday cake and the gifts we'd stashed in their house. My Dad even wrapped everything for us, which was so thoughtful. 
One of the childrens teachers dropped off some home learning packs for them to, again very thoughtful.
This afternoon will be the usual family movie, baths and bedtime.  Then Hubby and I will scurry about the house to set up for DD1'S birthday tomo 

X x x



3 comments:

  1. lovely family activities x hope you are feeling well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for creating such a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you all OK? Or has two months isolation driven you all crazy? Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.