Friday 29 May 2020

Today I have been...



... starting a pair of ombre flippens for DD2. She choose the yarn on a recent trip to Poundland. I'm not quite sure why she wants Flippens in June but it gives me something to do 😂

 

...baking Lasagna bites. A huge success with everyone in the house. A little bit of a fuss to make but whenever I've cooked lasagna in the past I've always found theres that one layer of pasta which just refuses to cook through and spoils it all. Doing them this way avoided that scenario.


...reading my new issue of Grow your own. The seeds that came with it are a nice mix of the classic and the more unusual. I've not tried growing chicory before.


...buying some fresh compost supplies to plant the seeds above. I messaged my Dad to say the magazine had arrived and he offered to take me to the local garden centre. 75 litres of compost for £3.95 was such a bargain we grabbed two.


...finishing the elderflower cordial. I made it yesterday and left it over night to infuse, the kitchen smelled heavenly this morning when I woke. There are now 3 jam jars of cordial in the fridge to enjoy and some frozen into ice cubes in the freezer. 

X x X

5 comments:

  1. Good to see you back and being as active as ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Wild Chicory looks interesting - I'm now going to investigate.
    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy reading your blog too. Chicory was drunk a lot during World War Two in Australia best wishes hope you are feeling well nana from down under

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm out of touch but what are 'Flippens'?
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flippens are fingerless gloves with a mitten "top" that flips over your bare fingers as required. So they aren't mittens their flippens 😂

      Delete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.