Saturday 3 September 2011

Experimenting with Minimalism


I've been wanting to experiment with minimalism and simple living for a while now, and have decided it's time to stop procrastinating and try it out. So I have emptied out one of the drawers beneath our bed. I think its a pretty reasonable size to live out of. Step one is to empty assorted crap out of the drawer, in this case spare bed linen and DS game cases.
Remove drawer and give it a good spritzing of Dettol and a dust down. The whole drawer had a musty quality and needed a freshen up.

I decided to add a little bit of jazz to my drawer so I lined it with some rather sexy jelly bean wrapping paper.
And here is my drawer back under the bed with my capsule wardrobe. I will take another photo in a few days to show you how it has progressed. Lots of downsizing and space saving posts coming this way soon lol
x x x




3 comments:

  1. i need to do thsi so bad ( oooh and 17 days till the big day - exciting)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love a good clear out, it's good for my head, love froogs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been doing the same thing. My one daughter moved into her own place last week, and one son getting married Oct 1. I feel the house lifting off the foundation already!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.