Sunday 7 May 2023

Coronation weekend

 


This weekend has been wonderful. On Saturday I put on a little coronation buffet and invited my parents to watch all the goings on with us. 
We toasted the King with a glass of champagne as the Red Arrows flew over Palace.


Today, being Sunday, we went to our church's Coronation Celebration. We had a short service followed by a delicious cream tea. There were also crafts to entertain the children as the adults all mingled and chatted for a while.
I haven't been able to attend church for the last few Sundays so it was really nice to catch up with a few people I hadn't seen in a while. 

After church the day was so beautiful I headed out into the garden. My dad made some hanging strawberry planters recently and kindly gifted is one. There's several tiny fruits already set and lots of flowers showing through so I'm hoping for a few bowls of strawberries over the summer. 


My uncle also kindly gifted is some surplus tomato plants. They arrived growing in half a milk carton and when I separated the plants out carefully there were 25 single plants. 
I'm hoping to get as many as possible to survive though I'm sure I will loose a few to pests, weather and 'helping' children.
It would wonderful to have both strawberries and tomatoes this summer.

A quick update on the Dandelion biscuits - they were eyed suspiciously but everyone ate them happily after agreeing they didn't actually taste of flowers or lemon. They came out rather scone like rather than biscuits. If I make them again I'll be sure to add more flowers and lemon to the mixture.

X X X 

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Texas! I enjoy your blog...Hubby and I also watched the Coronation.
    Have a good Monday!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.