Thursday 4 May 2023

Baking experiments and mystery boxes

 

I had a lovely suprise this morning when a parcel arrived out of blue from my friend Angela from Tracing Rainbows.

A whole box stuffed with ribbons, thread, stickers, card, and all sorts magical things ready for become beautiful new creations. 

There was a lovely card included and a gift card to purchase the family some treats. It brought a tear to my eye and made me feel very loved and cared for. Thank you Angela 🥰



In the kitchen today I've been experimenting with the forest of dandelions that have appeared on our back garden. Every part of the dandelion is edible and they are pretty nutrious too. 

I used the recipe HERE though I have doubled the batch for my herd of hungry children. I'm not sure whether to tell them they are eating dandelions until after they have demolished the plate in case they refuse them. 


I'll let you know if they are still talking to me soon 🤣


X X X

3 comments:

  1. I used to use dandelion leaves instead of lettuce. The children ate it but my son did used to say the lettuce tasted funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only concern is the French name for dandelion is piss-en-lit [wet-the-bed] as the plant contains a mid diuretic. Just do not let the children eat too many at one sitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did the biscuits taste like? Did the children enjoy them?

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.