Monday 3 January 2022

Monday musings

My poor legs are aching today after yesterday's adventures. It was definitely worth it though. I didn't enjoy hobbling around the house at 4.30am though when both of the smallest humans woke up. Baby C needed a nappy change and DD3 had tummy ache. Neither were happy to settle again so we all ended up under the warmest blankets under the sofa until everyone else woke up around a much more civilised 8am.

DH took charge of the children and I returned to bed for an hour to top me up for the day. 

At midday we headed over to my parents to a nice buffet lunch and to wish them both a Happy new year. We had a lovely catch up.

Once home I finished off the little cross stitch kit I've been working on for a few days. I'm quite pleased with how it came out but the brown outline on the bird doesn't feel quite right somehow. I feel like it should be black like the flowerpot. What do you think, readers?



 This evening I have been trying out one of my Christmas gifts. I'm about halfway through the first picture but I'm not really enjoying it. I'm determined to finish what I've started before I make a decision. It very much feels like I'm doing it because I have to rather than want to. It feels odd because I was really excited to get started. Funny how reality and expectations can differ so much isn't it? 

X x X

3 comments:

  1. I like the brown line but if you don't you'll never be happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather like the brown outlining. Brown to match the kitten, both living things. Give it a go with black and see what you think - it wouldn't take long.
    It's very cute.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. O my gosh Sarah that is just too darn cute..i love it but its up to you
    ftm

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.