Wednesday 20 July 2022

Drowning not waving

 


I'm struggling at the moment. 

My Dr has put me back on some medication for anxiety and depression but it's not quite kicked in yet so I know I'll feel a little better soon.

There's just so much to juggle at the moment. Finances are a huge worry now and for the future, organising 5 children, keeping the house up together, preparing for the summer holidays, worrying about poorly family members, trying to be a good friend, just trying to be everything everyone needs me to be.

It's tough and I don't feel like I'm doing any of it particularly well right now. I'm definitely treading water and slowly sinking. It all just feels like an uphill struggle.

I feel like I need a complete reset, to start from scratch again and build things back up slowly until I'm on my feet again and can keep up to speed. I'm not sure how I'd go about that, I'm not very good at slow and steady. I tend to try to do it all then collapse in a heap exhausted. 

 There's not much point to this post really I'm just ranting. 

Sorry 

X

9 comments:

  1. Take it slow, accept all offers of help. And don't try to be perfect - you don't need "to be everything to everybody" - If your leg was in a plaster cast, you would accept that your capabilities are limited right now. Brain cells not working as they should is as bad as a broken limb - so allow yourself to be and do less. It is too hot to 'sweat the small stuff'. Depression is awful, but you will get through it. And huge apologies that I have yet to send you the crafty bits. [This past week everything went a bit pear-shaped] Know that you are special, and loved, and family and friends care, and want to you to rest and grow strong. ❤👍🙏

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this. Hope you feel much better as soon as the tablets kick in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you Sarah..one day at a time and one moment at a time as well..don't rush and get flustered, just slowly and deep breaths babe.
    You are a truly frikkin awesome mum..you do everything for your family..but now hun its you time. You need to look after yourself..a happy mum is the best mum..
    Remember we are all here for you anytime..email me if you just want to rant vent rage..anything sweetie ok.
    You take care and go slowly..
    sara
    ftm

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's not just a rant, its a really courageous post. You are truly wonderful most of the time so maybe you could cut yourself a little bit of slack right now. I've suffered from depression on and off for much of my life and I can remember the feelings of lack of self worth. You'll be in my prayers and doubtless in the prayers of others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its not easy to admit how we feel so well done. I hope you start feeling better soon but be gentle with yourself and take one day at a time. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't be afraid to say no to people and try to put yourself first for a while, i hope you soon start to feel stronger, life is generally very over whelming at the moment xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you all good wishes. I remember that my tablets took about six weeks to start working. A long wait but it will help. My mental health practitioner advised me to add linseed seeds, almonds and Brazil nuts to my diet. They help apparently.
    Keep going, you are doing your best. I heard of a website that recommends 100 free activities to do with children. Sorry I didn't hear it's name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending hugs and understanding, many of have dealt with the same feelings. Give yourself love and grace.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.