Tuesday 6 April 2021

A little upcycle project

 


This little glass frame has been sat on my to do pile for a little while. It kept on catching my eye but I just couldn't come up with any ideas. Until today when inspiration popped into my head out of nowhere. Inspiration can be funny that way.


I removed the three little pins securing it closed and worked my way through a suprising number of card and paper layers. The frame itself is rather flimsy and needs the card inserts to keep itself in shape. The glass in the frame has a slight dome which I think meant the flowers were more 3d at some point but I'm not sure. A lot of crumbly brown bits fell out as I deconstructed it!



I used one of my stash of garden magazines for the new background image and several smaller flowers. The lady came from my stash of Victorian scrap images.


 I added a little cardboard support to make the lady stand in front of the background. I used a slither of card from a Easter egg box which means I'll have to eat that evg later. What a shame 🤣


I think she's rather pretty. A definite improvement on dead brown flowers at the very least. I might keep my eyes peeled for a similar frame and make her a sister in the future. Perhaps even create a whole display of little flower portraits! 
My minds running away with me now! 😂

Any suggestions for a name? 

X x X

4 comments:

  1. I vote for Flora as well. You could name her sisters Hyacinth, Rose, Daisy and Violet. Boooooooooo-kay.....

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.