Tuesday 9 March 2021

Tasty Tuesdays

 


Apologies for the blurred photograph, I didn't notice it at the time.

Tuesday is here again and that meant a trip to the food pantry.

This weeks meal deal was to small for us with no choice to size up.

Blue tokens;

1x 4 pack of tuna

1x large packet of ham


Red tokens;

1 bag of bananas

1 bag of apples 

1 packet of bacon

1 jar of spaghetti sauce

4 x packets of hot cross buns (2for1)

2x tins of sweetcorn (2for1)

4x marshmallow lollipops (2for1)


Free;

Salsa dips

Enchilada seasoning

Damaged bananas


Sadly fruit and vegetables were not free this visit. I'm not not sure if that was due to customer abuse or low supplies. It felt rude to ask. I did make sure they were happy with the amount I was taking though.

The extra bananas were a case of lucky timing. I mentioned several of the bananas had split skins and one of the staff said they were just going to sort them.

I asked if the damaged bananas were being thrown out and she confirmed they were so I asked if i might have them for baking.

The damaged bananas are already sitting in my kitchen as banana cupcakes for the childrens lunchboxes.

Although still worth visiting I feel like the blue token choices have been poor lately. Packets of ham are not as useful as chicken or mince for example. I'm still however very grateful I can use the pantry though.

X x X

2 comments:

  1. If the ham is sliced, roll it up like a cigar and chop it in 1cm sections. Sprinkle into a quiche, or over a salad, or stir it into mash. If it's a ham joint, try cubing it and frying it off - use it in stir fries or pasta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bananas look pretty good really. They freeze well and make amazing smoothies, cakes, etc.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.