Monday 17 December 2018

Frugal games for Christmas (or anytime)


Apologies for the lack of posts. Christmas time is beyond hectic! I think I'm at the girls school as much as they are. Today is a craftanoon with DD2 and then Gman Christmas party! Phew!

I wanted to share a new game we've discovered recently. It's called Nine Lives or Fan-Tan. 
You start with 3 or more players and a bowl of small items such as dried peas, raw pasta, buttons or anything that's small with a good amount.
Player 1 takes 1 pea from the bowl.
Player 2 takes 2 peas, and so on until there is no longer enough peas for the next person to play. The winner is the last person to successfully take their number of peas from the bowl. 

Each game you add or remove a handful of the peas. 
You can also add an extra dimension by guessing who will win each game (though naturally the girls always picked themselves  when we tried it 😂)
It's one of those games you could play anywhere with almost anything. Seashells at the beach, Conkers in the park, sticks, leaves, even torn up pieces of paper!
I quite like the idea of a Christmas version using baubles or Christmas chocolates.

Let me know if you give it a try 😁

X x X


1 comment:

  1. That's a wonderful idea! I do like it. One or two games that I like playing are ones such as 'Three letter story'- each person has to try and write a short story or piece or writing in a set time but all the words must be 3 letters or less. It is very hard but great fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.