Thursday 9 December 2021

We made it!

 


 It truly feels like a Christmas miracle! We have officially watched Gman's school nativity. 

No photos for obvious reasons but I'm sure you can picture it. There were stumbling angels, a VERY enthusiastic Holy star, a shepherd with a runny nose, narrators who whispered and those that SHOUTED their lines in a style that would make Brian Blessed proud. 

It was utterly and wonderfully perfect.

If nothing else goes quite right this year thanks to Covid or some other random disaster I can at least remind myself that I got to have this 🥰

After school Gman was allowed to pick a treat for his wonderful performance. He picked an egg shaped bath fizzer with a  toy dinosaur inside. After enjoy a particularly long and noisy bathtime (because dinosaurs have to roar a lot!) he came out with this lovely nugget of thoughtfulness.

"Mum? D'you think Jesus wanted dinosaur baths instead of Murr and Frankie-says?"

I told him that I didn't think they had a Home Bargains back then in Bethlehem 🤣

X x X

4 comments:

  1. Love it! My granddaughter retold the story using TWO of my nativity sets plus stuff from the table and the kings presented two wooden sticks and a green paperclip. I'm so glad you got to see the production

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Murr and Frankie-says these sayings stay with you for life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smiled reading this post. Glad the nativity went ahead. Did you have a few tears? Children do say the most funny things :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.