Monday 27 September 2021

Just busy living

 


 I've had lots of good intentions to post on here more often than I do but life just always seems to have other plans.

 This morning started out well until the young lady that DD1 walks to school with every morning didn't arrive. A quick message to her mum revealed she was in bed and not very well. DD1 hasn't walked to school alone yet and having the idea of doing so thrown on her so suddenly left her completely overwhelmed. Thankfully my Dad was happy to jump his car and pop her to school quickly though she was by now a few minutes late. That prompted another panic attack at the idea of being in trouble but the school were very kind and understanding about the whole thing and wavered any detention she might have recieved. 

 While my Dad was driving DD1 to school I was rushing the other 3 quickly along to their school. Luck was on our side and we streaked through the school gates before they shut. I popped DD2 and Gman into their classes and walked DD3 around to the attached preschool. 

 This week is reading cafe week so after dropping off DD3 I returned to the school to read for 20 minutes with DD2 and Gman. We all enjoyed our free drink and biscuits. I remembered to put my travel cup in my handbag so that got me extra brownie points with the staff.




After that I headed home to start on the usual weekday housework. I planned to work till around 1pm before knitting and watching something on netflix for some R&R before everyone arrives back home again. 

DD4 had just settled to sleep when I recieved a phonecall from the preschool. DD3 has a temperature and a was coughing a bit 🙈 please collect her and don't come back without a PCR test. 

 Once I'd woken DD4 and collected DD3 we only had around 20 minutes to kill before the afternoon school run began so we collected conkers in a quiet corner of the park for a while. Then I collected DD2 and Gman as usual. Gman managed to get distracted and walked into a pole half way along. By the time we reached the house he was calm again but sporting a small egg on one side of his forehead.

 Dinner went nicely with everyone eating well. The smaller three had chicken fingers, carrots and waffles. The elder two had chicken finger and fried egg sandwiches with carrots on the side. Dessert was banana custard with a few choc chips sprinkled on top. 

 Now I'm sat beside the bath as the 2 smallest bath. In a minute they will be popped into pjs and into bed for the night. Then I will spend some time with each of the older children as I get them prepped for bedtime. Hopefully I'll be finished in time for DH to arrive home and I will finally get a little sit down with a hot cup of tea and read a few pages of my book in peace. 

 Looking at todays list of events though I'm not going to set my heart on it just in case something else is just around the corner 🤣

 X x X

 

2 comments:

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.