Sunday 2 May 2021

Greenfingers

 


 If you've followed this blog for a while you will know I am a huge sucker for plants of all kinds.
Two weeks ago I rescued two sad looking plants from the nearby B&Q's clearance section for 50p each. 
The first was a rather sad looking polka-dot begonia which needed a good drink of water and blast of natural light. 
After two weeks of regular watering and a warm sunny windowsill he is rewarding me with fresh new leaves and lots of leaf buds forming.
I still think it looks like a plant from Mars though 🤣



The second plant was a pericallis which was almost bone dry and covered in spent flower heads. Once home I removed all the dead heads and damaged leaves. A few good  waterings soon perked it back up again.
Today I noticed the remaining flowerbuds had started to turn purple and open. 
I look forward to seeing it in full bloom again soon.
 
Watching both of them recover and start to thrive has brought me a lot of joy over the past fortnight.

X x X
 

4 comments:

  1. Love this! You saved them and are rewarded with beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something rather wonderful about saving a plant from certain death, isn't there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give them time and they will continue to reward you for your kindness. How lovely and, as you say, it's such a joyous thing to do.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done for reviving the plants, my mum had a talent for saving dying plants, sadly it bypassed me !

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.