Saturday 5 May 2012

Saturday Shopping

  Last night was horrible. Poor DD had night terrors and woke up screaming and almost inconsolable at about 4am. It took forever to calm her down and settle her back to sleep and today I am paying for it. I was planning to have a good mooch around the charity shops but I was just to tired today. So instead I wandered up the road to the local museum to add some books to the Bookcrossing shelf and pick up something new and interesting. I'm going to try Eating Cake by Stella Duffy. I think it was the title that appealed to me.
  Today the museum was also hosting a Unique arts and crafts fair. It's a regular event where local crafters and artists can sell their handcrafted wares. There is lots of wonderful variety and a fantastic showcase of different talents. I wish I'd taken my camera to take some snaps but alas I'd forgotten it. I did however have some change in my pocket and picked up 3 delicious looking chocolate and raspberry scones. They are made by Teresa from Teresa's Cakes who if you are local makes cakes worthy of legend!!!!
 As you can see they certainly meet DD's approval. This picture is of her teasing me with her cake, she holds it out so you can try a bit and then snatches it away at the last minute giggling.
 She also helped Daddy price up some new stock with the pricing gun. Not sure I could bear to sell her for £14.95. To me she is priceless.
 I also picked up 10 lovely cards from Card factory. 10 cards for £1 is a deal I couldn't miss with so many birthdays in our family in the last 4 months of the year. This little lot should keep me going for a little while. As long as I don't forget where I put them!!!

x x x

1 comment:

  1. One of mine used to have night terrors, though, bad mother that I am I cannot remember which one. I found the quickest way to calm them down was to put the TV on for a few minutes, the movement seemed to calm them down almost instantly, useful when the neighbours are banging on the wall screaming & swearing because you have disturbed their sleep.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.