Sunday 11 November 2012

Sunny Sunday Sundrys

 It has been a kitchen day here at The frugal handmade home. I've cooked a roast, processed a few loads of laundry, given my new dining chairs a nice polish and lots of other little kitchen jobs that needed doing.
 I also have got round to making some homemade cake mixes. I first mentioned them here ages ago after spotting then in a free online magazine.  I tested the recipe a week ago to make sure it worked and today I made up 4 jars of chocolate brownie mix. Here is the recipe;

Layer each of the following ingredients;

 8oz Sugar
1oz Cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of powdered egg
6oz Flour

 On the top of the layers add chocolate chunks or chocolate chips if you like.
 Seal the jar and store somewhere cool and dark.

 To make up;
Add 8 oz of melted butter or margarine and stir like a demon.
Bake for 30 minutes at 180.

x x x

3 comments:

  1. These look good - are they for your use or will you be giving them as gifts? Where do you buy the powdered egg, not something I've ever looked for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my powdered came from the supermarket, but you can also buy it online. I don't use it as a staple but for the mixes and when you find yourselve in a fix its very useful.

      The jars pictured are for home use, but you could really pretty them up and give as gifts. Perhaps with ribbon tied round and a cookie cutter attached?
      x x x

      Delete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.