Sunday 25 November 2012

Floral tablecloth

 Angela from Tracing Rainbows asked about my tablecloth from the last post. So here is a few close ups for you :)
  I picked it up from a favourite charity shop an age ago. I think it was around £1.50.
 Close up of the large patch. There are three of these down the centre of the cloth.
 The small patch. There are two of these each side. I try and line up the seat so they fall between the settings.
And the stitching is just as beautiful on the reverse. I'm pretty sure it all hand stiched as there are slight differences between each bit of the same pattern. Some one has certainly spent many hours on this, only for it to end up in a charity shop for pennies. I love love love handcrafted things and I am a very proud table cloth owner!

x x x

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that was fast response!! It is truly beautiful, and as you say, represents hours of work. How lovely that it is still being cherished! Thanks for posting the pics xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your tablecloth so pretty,

    Gill your newest follower from Canada

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.