Sunday 22 March 2015

Sorry it's been quiet....


On Thursday I woke up with the most horrendous headache, light headed, flashing spots if I moved to fast, aching joints.... the full works. I struggled to get Boo to school and just managed to make it home without passing out or throwing up.
A quick phone in with my midwife for advice ended up with a referal to call the hospital. The symptoms above are not things you want to have at 30 weeks. The big worry was something called pre eclampsia, the hospital agreed it needed checking out but asked me to try and see my GP rather than them as they were horrendously busy.
My GP asked me to sit in the waiting room of the surgery so I was at least being safely observed (between schools and work I was alone) and after an hour wait had a gap to see me. 
Luckily I had the all clear from pre eclampsia but she did diagnose a very bad head cold, and put me on paracetamol, anti acids and bed rest until next Monday. 
Being so close to delivery (typically at 38 weeks for me) there is almost nothing I can take to relieve my symptoms. Not even Olbus oil on my pillow! It's been horrible, truly horrible. I can get a little relief from hot drinks and steaming myself in the bathroom while hubby showers.
So all I have done is sleep, watch junk telly, and knit a very occasional line of knitting. 
Hubby,  my parents and the playground mummies have kept the girls in school, house running, food stocked and anything else that needed doing. It feels fantastic to have nothing to worry about other than whether to nap or watch Jezza for the next half an hour.
Today I am finally feeling a little more functional and truly blessed that I have such a fab support network around me. I will be back on my feet in no time and I have a lot of kindness to repay.

X x x

5 comments:

  1. I hope you are soon feeling better. Look after yourself as best you can, It sounds tough and frightening but you do sound to have a good support network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better soon. How lucky to have so many fab people around you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too hope you'll be feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are well supported, and glad to hear you are resting as you should. Love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.