Wednesday 7 August 2013

Back in the swing

 Gosh it's been a while since I did a post like this isn't it? I've been steering myself away from Waitrose as we were trying to use up everything we could before the move.  But hurrah, now I can fill my boots with red sticker bargains.
 Today's goodies were;
 Falafels - 45p  from 2.00
 Peach Punnet - 85p from £1 (My favourite fruit!)
Spring Onions - 32p from 1.10
Quorn Chicken slice - 49p from 1.60
3X corn on the cob - 79p from 2.00 and on 2for3 so a teeny tiny 37p

 Most of this will be used up in lunches, possibly a pasta bake for the Quorn.

And after I got home from work (my day in the shop today) I found a stressed Daddy trying to battle two tired sleepy grumps. So I popped Baby D in her buggy and took a quick walk down to the copse to check out how the foraging fruit was coming on. I recon I've picked about 1/3 of a tub of blackberries. These are the very first ones on the bush and some are a little hard still but I'm going to freeze them down and use them later in crumbles and pies so it won't matter. It looks like it's going to be a bumper year for Blackberries this year so I am ready to fill my boots. Expect us all to be an odd shade of purple by Christmas.

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.