Friday 28 February 2020

The funniest meal out in ages.


We had a few bags of charity shop donations that needed delivering so Hubby kindly drove me to my favourite little village of  West End to donate them and have a little mooch for bargains.
 On the way back to the car he suggested we try a meal at The White Swan which we would pass on the way home. It was a lovely suggestion so I happily agreed and off we went.
Once at the pub the waitress seating us apologised that the place was so cold. The heating had been broken and only fixed that morning. In fact they'd only opened shortly before we arrived. 
We both said that was fair enough and just decided to keep our coats on for the time being. It was a large pub so understandably would take a while to warm back up again. 
Then we ordered our meals. 20 minutes pass, 30, 40...
The waitress now looking quite frazzled explains there's some sort of oven issue happening and because we'd waited so long to eat, my meal would be free. Hubby had choosen the carvery meal and had politely waited for me. 
10 more minutes pass and hooray my food is ready, i watch it slowly travel accross the restaurant towards me, and then get dropped on the floor a few metres from my table by a waitress who honestly looks like she could just cry at this point.
Hubby and I look at each other and burst in laughter. 
The waitress takes a fresh order from a list of things she promises is ready to go. An hour after we arrive we finally manage to eat.
 The whole thing might have been thoroughly annoying on another day but today it was just funny. 
We must of had about 4 staff come apologise to us during our meal, and both recieved a free drink on top of our one free meal so it ended up being a very reasonable trip. The staff couldn't really have done much more.
I really hope their day improved after we left.

X x X

2 comments:

  1. A free meal sound good to me.
    Looks like your little one in happy anyway, lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing the funny side is always the best option. After all being grumpy doesn't change the situation and just adds to the misery. You will always remember that meal.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.