Friday 17 May 2019

Chinese Papercuts




There was a small summer fete at the girls school today. A few stalls and tombolas to browse for goodies before heading home for the weekend.
I found two interesting looking envelopes on the bric-a-brac stall. They looked the same both front and back.


From the writting on the back I thought they both contained a single papercut, most likely the one printed on the back.



How wrong was I! Both envelopes held a set of 10 papercuts. The first was male faces.


The second contained a set of Chinese circus girls. The detail on them all is beautiful. 
 I have a friend who is obsessed with all things oriental who would adore these.
 I'm going to keep them safely stored away until her birthday. I hope she likes them.


What wonderful suprises have you discovered recently?

X x X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.