Friday 2 November 2018

The great poke cake experiment


I keep having a poke cake video appearing on my Pinterest searches. Having seen it so many times I decided to give it a go.
First I made my usual traybake recipe then while it cooled poked it with lots of small holes using the end of a spoon.


Next I made up a pint of strawberry jelly using 50/50 boiling and cold water, then poured it all over the cake slowly letting it soak into the holes.
Once the jelly has been absorbed I added a topping of icing and some decorations.
Then the whole thing pops into the fridge to chill for a few hours.


We tried our first few  slices after dinner. Overall its been a success as every one agreed  it tastes wonderful, however we also all agree its just far to wet! 
My second attempt will be made with 1/2 pint of  jelly mix to see if that makes things better. It should also make the jelly taste stronger I think.
I'll let you know how round two goes shortly.

Have  you tried any new recipes lately?

X x X

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that sounds lovely. When the kids were young I used to make a flat sponge in a long tin and then put a jelly on top, they loved it.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.