Wednesday 12 July 2017

HUGE soap


Hello lovely readers. 
You may remember me mentioning that I won a posh bar of soap at the recent school fete we attended. I hadn't really thought about it at the time, but it's a HUGE bar, with no hope of fitting into my little soap dish.


I emailed a soap making friend of mine for advice on hacking it into smaller chunks. A hot sharp knife or cheese wire is the answer. 


She also advised keeping the chunks in the airing cupboard to dry out and make them last longer. 
So they are now living in unlidded jam jars waiting to be used, with the added bonus of scenting my household linens with a gorgeous rose scent.

X x X


1 comment:

  1. I like the tip about drying them in the airing cupboard-I keep an expensive candle I was given in a drawer when I left my previous job 11years ago and it still makes things smell Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.