Saturday 14 January 2017

Angry shopping


Thank you for the kind comments everyone. It's helped me put things a little more in perspective and really appreciate what I have.
I took a walk this afternoon. A stompy clearing my headaughter sort of a walk. Hubby kindly took charge of the children to give me the peace and space I needed.
Trusting that my feet knew where to take me I ended up at the local garden centre so decided to have a little mooch round. 
The post Christmas sale was pretty poor, but the plant clearance was wonderful! I picked up three potted herbs. Sage, Lemon Balm and Thyme. They have joined the Mint and Chives already growing on my kitchen windowsill. 
It certainly made me feel a bit better :)
I'm hoping they may even make me a little extra cash later on from cuttings.  Another little project for the summer months.

X X X

6 comments:

  1. An angry stomp does wonders, well done with the herbs, wonderful bargain
    sammie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your head is a little clearer- well done Hubby for giving you the space you needed for a good stomp!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plants are always good for lifting the spirits I reckon ;)
    Sorry the reports were disappointing, it's really sad how impersonal they have gotten. We home-ed so this was news to me. Go sniff your herbs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your head is now clearer thanks to your stomping and your new herbs. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had angry stomps when our lot were young so not to worry. Until you get older like myself you don't realise what hard work it is bringing up a family, I now see just how much energy I must have had then so don't beat yourself up, you stomp when you want to it will do you good. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand your frustration. Like Ang said on your Report Sadness post the teachers probably don't like the system either. When I was at summer school we could only use the phrases given to us on the children's reports. I slipped in my own comments from time to time, but generally just had to toe the party line. I think it's worth explaining your disappointment & dissatisfaction to the Headteacher,but don't blame the teachers. They probably know your DDs very well, and, I imagine, enjoy teaching them!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.