Monday 16 September 2024

A New Season of Life

 


You find me at a very odd time in my life. At least that's how it feels. Our dear sweet Baby C is officially a school girl! 

Coupled with DH's shiny new job, I now find myself home alone for the majority of weekdays suddenly. 

Today is my first day alone so I thought it would be a nice idea to dust off this old blog and record some of my adventures. If anyone is still here to read it. 


I started out by popping into the town centre after the morning school run. I needed some breadsticks for a little after school activity and a few things for dinner from Iceland. A random and unpredictable gust of wind just happened to blow me into one of my favourite charity shops and I found a beautiful handmade cable knit cardigan for just £2. It's going to be lovely on the colder mornings and evenings of autumn so I'm quite pleased with my find. 


Once home I sorted the shopping away and hung out the laundry waiting into the machine. It's turned into a warm bright day considering this mornings grey dreary start.
I decided that the garden was the place to be so I set about clearing out this messy corner of the patio. 


I threw away all the rubbish and popped the random weeds into the compost. My compost bin is almost full to the brim with dark healthy compost ready to use so I've taken the chance on some garlic. 
I've had these bulbs of garlic for quite some time and they were looking past their best and starting to show a few shoots. I've planted 32 cloves on the oblong tub. It's not costing me anything to give it a go so if I even get one clove to grow successfully I'll be onto a winner. If lots of them do well I well repot them later to give them proper room to grow. I don't want to waste to much room on something that probably won't work 🤣

While I was moving compost from the bin into my new garlic pot I discovered what I thought was my long dead banana tree! I threw it's remains into the compost bin an absolute age ago thinking it had give up the ghost. Yet here it was looking a little pale from lack of light but standing strong.  I quickly popped him into a pot to see how he does over the next few weeks. I might bring him indoors for the winter just to give him an extra helping hand. 
I also found 2 mystery bulbs that were sprouting deep in the compost bin while I was giving everything a good mix. I popped them both into pots to see what they do over the next few weeks. I wonder what they will turn out to be.

Once I'd finished my gardening session I looked at my newly organised patch of garden and couldn't help wonder if the banana and mystery bulbs were little gifts of encouragement from God. That He was giving me little things to look forward to and to keep me distracted. 


X X X


1 comment:

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.