Wednesday 3 January 2024

Enjoying some freedom


 This afternoon was my first little bit of child free time since the Christmas holidays began. After taking DD4 to preschool I met with my parents for coffee and cake in one of our favourite local cafes. I remembered to keep some mementos to add to my junk journal.


After our coffee and a catch up, we had a little wander around the towns charity shops before the schools finished for the day.
I found some very pretty Cath Kidston fold and mail stationary. I thought they would be useful for sending messages and for adding to my junk journal occasionally.


In Poundland I found some Christmas straws in their clearance section for 50p which I thought would be well suited to Valentines theme crafts.
In Tesco I found some Silver and Gold paper cups for 30p.
Together I think they'd look quite fetching on the dining table. I think I might decorate the cups a little more though. I quite like the idea of drawing hearts around them with a sharpie and marking them with the children's initials.  
I'll think on it and see what I can come up with.


In Iceland I was quite excited to discover the new chocolate orange variant for Easter. I had to treat myself to one 🥰
I've yet to find the elusive white chocolate orange though. If anyone spots one please pop me a comment and let me know where they are hiding. I am a woman on a mission 🤣

 Once home from the school run I found a bag by my front door. One of my neighbours had kindly given us a box of mince pies they didn't want and the softest brown shawl I think I've ever touched. I sent her a message thanking her for thinking of us. I'm not entirely sure she's human though between you and me.... she very kindly pops things by our door every so often if she thinks we can make use of them BUT not once has she ever set off my Ring doorbell camera while she does it. Bear in mind that my ring doorbell often sends me video clips of the bushes by the front gate slightly twitching in the breeze or cats walking along the fence.  Very odd. Possibly a vampire?

X x ☓ 

1 comment:

  1. I don't think she's a vampire, I suspect she is an angel!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.