Wednesday 12 January 2022

Wednesday wanderings

 

DD2 woke up early this morning and was unable to get back to sleep. I suggested she try reading in bed for a while to stay warm and to keep her quiet whilst the rest of the household slept. 

She asked if she could borrow one of my books and I agreed. In hindsight I should've stayed awake long enough to see what she was actually reading because when I woke up at my usual time about an hour later she was a few chapters deep into It by Stephen King 🙈 

I had assumed she would go for the stash of David Walliams books 🤣 

 

In the afternoon I visited a few favourite charity shops on my usual midweek trip into town. After last week's beautiful patchwork blanket I didn't think I'd find anything else quite so soon.

Apparently charity bargains may be like buses as I found 2 beautiful Hand-knitted cardigans for Baby C. 



I like the little Teddy bear buttons on this one in particular. Both cardigans cost just 50p each and will keep Baby C super snuggly for the winter. 
The photos just don't do them justice as they've been made by someone very talented. Sadly though I don't think they've ever been worn, something I will soon be rectifying!

Tomorrow Hubby and I are heading out for a little day time date. Its our first outing together since before Christmas so I'm quite excited to see what's been planned ☺

X x X

6 comments:

  1. It's a good book as long as she doesn't get nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you and hubby have a lovely day together x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen King? Oh, my goodness!! Ooops!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least DD2 is reading - great photo of her! Well done with the 2 wee cardigans, and I hope you and hubby have a lovely time out, xx
    Michelle in Wellington, NZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. had to giggle about the Stephen King book . I shouldnt imagine i was any bigger when my mother was summoned to the library because i was sitting reading all the Dennis Wheatley horrors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cardigans have a lovely day with your husband

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.