Friday 16 July 2021

Cold bellybuttons




 It's Day 3 of isolation for DD2. There have been 2 positive cases in her year group at school so that's pretty much her finished now for the summer. I'm not even going to guess if they will be back in September the whole thing feels very shakey again. 

 Thankfully we are having beautiful weather and can enjoy the garden for entertainment. The two smallest are also happy to bimble about out there so it makes for a peaceful afternoon. Except when odd things happen.


DD4 - Mama! My belly button is getting cold! 

 Imagine this said with an impressive sized pout and cross little hands on hips. 

Sure enough a hole has appeared in her dress 🤣


 Please excuse the state of the dress. Toddlers playing in gardens do not make for clean dresses 🤣 I don't have any white sewing cottom at the moment so I used the brown one I did have. 



 I then covered the stitches by going over them in white yarn. It's probably not going to be suitible for meeting the Queen but it will be just fine for more garden play for a little longer. I will start looking out for a new dress or two next time I'm near the charity shops though just in case we have any more garden casualties this summer.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like we should all just home school our children for the next few years, with all the lockdowns etc we are having.
    I am glad you have had nice weather to enjoy the garden, kids are always happy romping in the dirt. I pray your DD2 doesnt come down with covid, that wouldn't be easy to manage with your other children.
    Enjoy your week x Helena

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.