Thursday 25 February 2021

Bananas about bananas

 


I was given quite a large bag of bananas a few days ago via the Olio app. I'm determined to make good use of them.
A left a few on my parents doorstep which sounds like the set up for a very cruel joke but I promise I told them first 🤣
The children have been eating the best looking ones at snack time, and the ropey bananas are slowly turning into baked treats.
On tuesday we made banana cupcakes and today we tried a recipe for banana and oatmeal cookies. Sadly they've turned out to be more cake than cookie but not to worry they will soon be eaten anyway.

For my next trick I will work put how to use up several red peppers. 

X x X

4 comments:

  1. Red peppers can be sliced and de-seeded and put straight into the freezer in polythene bags if you have a freezer. That way on if you cook a home made stir fry using up excess veg and a little left over chicken or fresh diced chicken or from thighs you can add a few from frozen straight into the pan without wasting any and then the bag can go straight back into the freezer. You can also use in a roasted veg mix as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's like it was in my house, if it's cake it will get eaten. They look great to me.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sort of post on making the best of a glut, however the glut happens. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bananas work well mushed into flapjacks before baking. Also fteeze them (out of skins) and then just whizz up - makes a sort of banana ice cream - quite nice - and healthier than real ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.