Thursday 2 July 2020

The Chazza are open!!!



We popped Gman into school this morning and took a little wander into town. 3 of the local charity shops have officially reopened and I'm not ashamed to say i may have done a little happy dance in the street.
I picked up the knitting book for just 25p! I have others in this series and they are really good quality. 
The 3 novels were £2 for all 3. I've looking for Carrie by Stephen King forever. I've challenged myself to read all his works in published order, as luck would have it Salem's Lot is the second on the list. 


I also picked up two craft kits. 
The first is miniature sewing. When I was in my early teens I used to go to the big annual stitch shows at Olympia with my mum, i can remember there being a few stalls featuring tiny needlepoint items for dollhouses. I've always fancied giving it a try but it's not a cheap craft to get into. This kit was originally £19.50! In fact you can still purchase them on the Nicola Mascall website.
The second kit is a cute cross stitch kit. I usually stick to greeting card kits but the sweet picture and bargain price tempted me in. At 7" by 5" it isn't a gigantic project but certainly one that will take me a little while to complete. I couldn't spot it on Hobbycrafts website but they had several similar by the same company so I don't think its a particularly old kit either.


And finally for a bit of fun I saw these in the Pound shop and had to snaffle them. I'm thinking of a mini pamper session with my girls in the garden on our next sunny afternoon. Maybe some homemade facemasks too.
I'll keep you posted.

I'm waddling off to start my new books with a nice hot cuppa 😍

X x X

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what bargains especially the kits. You've made me wonder if any of our charity shops are open yet, must take a look.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the cuppa and the book! :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.