Saturday 29 December 2018

Frugal gardening


I've picked up some good deals for the garden in the past few days. I started by finding some hazel trees for £1 in B&Q.


The day after I bought a planter of mixed strawberry plants. They should give me 100 days of strawberries between them which sounds tasty and fun. I had to leave my strawberry plants at our old house so I'm looking forward to starting a new strawberry empire.


Finally, I bought a little potted Christmas tree in tescos reduced to £1. We've named him Bruce the Spruce and hopefully he will enjoy many Christmases with us in future. I think he may outgrow his fairy lights quite quickly though 😂. He came all dressed with decorations and battery powered lights so he was quite the bargain.
 I also picked up a very cheap onion set but as I've already planted them (they were sprouting in the packet) there isn't much to see.

X x X







2 comments:

  1. Those little hazel nut trees were such a bargain, I shall look forward to you posting as they grow.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bargains. How is your brexit stash doing?
    All the best for 2019 for you and your family. And hope to see lots of post from you. X Renee

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.