Wednesday 17 October 2018

Cheap comfort food - Mushroom pasta


It's a soggy miserable day outside which means 4 soggy miserable children on the afternoon school run.
Definitely a day for some cheap comfort food.
The recipe is simple.  One 500g bag of pasta, one tin of sweetcorn, one tin of mushroom soup and a little sprinkle of grated cheese.
All the ingredients together cost less than £1.50 and make enough for 6 good sized portions. 

The clean plates all round tell me it's gone down well with the soggy miserable children who are starting to look warmer and happier already.
Hurrah!

What's your favourite comfort food for rainy days?

X x X

2 comments:

  1. I think it has to be a throw it all in and zizz it up soup made with whatever I can find in the fridge. If I want more, I add some orzo. It's lovely.
    I love your super easy warming meal, thanks for sharing.
    xx
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meals do not always have to be labour intensive, all food has some goodness and as long as they like it I'd say that was a hit.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.