Thursday 26 July 2018

New Forest Show


We had such a lovely day the the New Forest country show yesterday. The worst part naturally was the intense heat and sunshine but thanks to an obsessive sunlotion routine and a zero tolerance attitude to hats being removed, I'm happy to say the children all returned home unburnt and without sunstroke.
We saw a lot of people feeling faint and being sick due to the weather! 
The people manning the stands were amazing though, we were offered lots of water and offers of shade especially if i was trying to feed baby W. It was lovely to see people looking out for one another.
The children held chicks, petted sheep, watched showjumping, ate more ice cream than I'm willing to admit, tried about 5 million crafts and came home with bags bulging with free colouring sheets, stickers and pens etc.
DH and I have lots of foodie treats including the most amazing chocolate orange fudge ive ever tasted! 
I also bought a beautiful piece of oilcloth to use for my dining room table. Once I've set it up I'll give you all a little peek.

X x X

2 comments:

  1. That is something I would love to have is an oil cloth table cloth. Not a popular item over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day you all had. And lovely to learn that you use an oilcloth on your table,rather than something coated with plastic. I hope you have a good weekend with cooler temps. Here in Winter,in Wellington,NZ, we reached 12C - all very normal. Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.