It's been a busy first week of Summer.
We've started taking our puppy out on his first adventures. He's still very nervous of everything but hopefully his big brother will lend him some confidence.
We've enjoyed a trip to our favourite Ice cream parlour, Carlos. They do fresh flavours each day and we managed to catch a while they had Mint Choc chip in stock.
We foraged some elderberries locally which we then made into syrup and froze as ice cubes to battle coughs and colds in the winter.
I'm hoping to find more elsewhere as the patch we discovered wasn't very large and I didn't want to deplete it.
French Apple Cake was our first bake of Summer. We made two large cakes to enjoy as desserts and snacks.
I've started a new book, a new knitting project (winter socks) and been munching on as many fresh cherries as I can get my fingers on.
We've been to the library to enjoy some free crafts and do their always popular scavenger trail around the shelves.
And We've been to the local park almost every day to play and stretch and let of steam. Mostly we have been going in the late afternoons when the weather cools off a little. It also helps tire small bodies out ready for bedtime nicely.
I can't wait to see what week 2 holds for us.
X x x







No comments:
Post a Comment
I love receiving comments, Thank you for dropping by.